10 February 2012

LTUE Day 2

Just a few bits and pieces that I picked up.
In no particular order:

Start your story by knowing the end first.
Your beginning hook should be the opposite of your resolution.
Take 20 seconds to Google a fact to make sure you have correct information in your story.
The word “that” is overused.
If you really want to do something, no one can stop you.
If you don't want to do something, no one can help you.
Never sacrifice what you want the most for what you want in that moment.
Do things happen to you, or do you make things happen?
Shoot the sheriff in the first paragraph.
Show the banana peel.
When reading aloud, speak at half the speed you think you should.
The sound “ga-ga” comes from a different part of your mouth than the sound “du-du.”

Those are just a few of the things I gleaned from today. Also, I got up the nerve to talk to a few authors, hand out a few cards for Babes in Spyland (I really should have made a t-shirt or something so maybe just one person would ask me about it) and tried to meet new people.

Look at me go.

I'm tired. :)

No comments: