06 March 2011

Will Wonders Never Cease?

I'm sure I've mentioned my (completely insane) goal for rewriting my novel by the beginning of May. I can't remember and I'm too lazy to check.

Well, the goal went well from Monday to Thursday this past week. Friday and Saturday were total busts. Not one word of novel was written on either day. Last night I was so tired after being at the the Kung Fu tournament all day that I struggled to eat dinner, watch a little TV and stay awake until 10:30pm. Then I crashed—no writing for me!

So this morning I woke up, resigned to the fact that I was now 6,000 words behind schedule, and that there wasn't much hope of me catching back up.

You know, I should really despair more often. Wait, no. Forget that. I get cranky when I despair. No, it doesn't make sense, but then again, most things that women say or do make little to no sense to anyone but themselves. And for me, about half of the time I don't get it either.

I got lucky today. Let's me honest here for a moment. I was at a point in my novel where I could use big chunks of what I've already written. So I only had to write about 1,500 words today, but I logged just over 6,000 because of the glorious and useful cut and paste. Yay for C & P!

So I'm back on track. Who knows what the next week will bring. The next big section of my novel is going to need to be rewritten. No cut and paste again for quite a while. Very sad. I'll have to be more diligent this week and try to get ahead a little before Friday. That way if the weekend interferes with my writing world (and I kind of hope it does) I won't have to stress out so much.

Come back next Sunday to see what I had to do to get my word count finished this week! (I'm thinking perhaps writing slaves, hiring a human thesaurus, shooting chocolate straight into my veins or joining the robot ninja wars as a reporter.)

No comments: