01 March 2011

Who Knew Beavers Came in Silver?


Tonight I attended a Silver Beaver Awards Ceremony. No, I had no idea what that was before my sister gave me the invitation. My brother-in-law is huge into the Boy Scouts, and this is apparently one of the most prestigious awards that you can get as an adult. Okay, cool. I'm still not sure what it's all about, but these people are all apparently very devoted to the scout program.

Among the names of people who have received this award are my next door neighbor growing up and President Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Obviously I was never a boy scout, and I didn't ever get involved in girl scouts, but there were a lot of people at this ceremony, and I could tell their devotion runs pretty deep. It's always nice to see people passionate about something.

I hope no on was mad that I bolted when they brought the camera out and started taking pictures. What can I say, I'm shy!

On a different note, above is the picture I put on my background at work for the month. It's cute and makes me smile. I think I'll need something to smile about for the next few weeks. Today I hate the novel.

No comments: