09 September 2010

Blockage

I think I've got blockage of the brain. At least the creative side of my brain, that is. Wait, no, the logical side isn't doing well either. Yes, I do believe I am suffering from a brain blockage. Stuff goes in, gets jumbled around but doesn't come back out.

I've had no luck with revising my novel. I know, I know, if it isn't coming it is probably a sign that I should take a break from it. It's not the writing, it's the planning that is killing me. Too many decisions and each one has repercussions throughout the whole story. Yes, this will only be round 2 of the novel, but I'm kind of a perfectionist (shocking, I know) and I hate things not fitting nicely into place. Like a giant, Tetris game. Ooohhh . . . Tetris. I was so addicted to that game at one point in my life. That and MSN's Collapse. There it is—my dirty past.

Note the lack of focus. Anybody got a shinny object? This is how my mind works these days. I start out thinking about one thing and ten seconds later I'm light years away thinking about something else. Start with moving my shoes when I get up, and by the time I get up I've forgotten about the shoes and am in the kitchen trying to remember why I was headed for the sink.

Gosh, I can't wait to get old.

No comments: