04 August 2010

Hair Seeking Raindrops

This afternoon, while I was diligently drawing lights (so very focused . . .) I was suddenly pulled out of my drafting world by the rumble of thunder. It took me a second to get my bearings, but once I did I realized that I had been sitting at my desk for a few hours and had no idea what the weather was doing outside.

I crossed the hall/space between open areas so I could look out the window. Sure enough, it was raining. Not a nice sprinkle, no no, it was the beginning of a downpour. Naturally, three of the four windows of my car were down about an inch.

I hesitated. Was it worth it? The storm (insert another clap of thunder here) was obviously working up to a frenzy, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a run for it. Then I realized that making a run for it would get me out of the building for at least 20 seconds. Done.

The moment I stepped outside the raindrops turned into mutant raindrops and quadrupled in size. Then they all decided to aim for my head. I know, I know, it's the most elevated part of my body, I get that, but did they all have to hit my hair? I even had curly hair (anticipating humidity again today), but somehow the augmented raindrops managed to hit all of the cute curls I laboriously put in this morning. I got my windows up, which was probably a good thing considering a few minutes after I made it back inside the storm really got serious, but I condemned myself to an afternoon of annoying, flat/fuzzy hair.

At least I hadn't bothered to wash my car yet this week.

No comments: