18 July 2010

The Sorcerer's Apprentice


We saw this movie last week on a total impulse. It was either this or The A-Team (which I secretly still desire to see). I wasn't expecting much, which is probably a good thing.

Of course, as I sit here I can't think of a thing to say about the movie. The effects were cool. We went through a whole tub of popcorn, which officially makes this a good popcorn movie. I enjoyed it. I laughed a few times and flinched a couple of times. I thought the character moments were a little rushed. I never got to caring about the main character and his romance with blondie. They never really explained how the magic worked, which I was curious about. I did think the main character was believable, which is always good.

Sorry, my mind is blank. Probably from watching 16 hours of LOTR this weekend. Worth every minute, by the way. It's been a long time since I've watched those movies. And sorry to whoever was at my house, because I kept pointing and saying, “I was there!”. I can't help it . . .

No comments: